Glu Mobile has been commissioned to develop the mobile video game that will accompany the release of the Warner Bros. adaptation Watchmen and as all "Watchmen" fans know this thing is sure to set Alan Moore's brain a spinning, but I can't help but admit how the game actually looks a little fun. To the right is a mini preview trailer featured at the game's official site and at the bottom of this post are six screen shots of the game.
Here is the game's description and features as offered by Glu Mobile:
Become a masked vigilante to fight crime in WATCHMEN: The Mobile Game. Play as the stealthy Nite Owl, battling enemies in the gritty streets of New York City, or as brawling anti-hero The Comedian in the sweltering jungles of Vietnam. Use their unique arsenal of weapons and vigilante attacks and follow an original storyline straight from Rorschach's journal! The clock is ticking and only the Watchmen can save us. But who is watching the Watchmen?
- Beat 'Em Up Action - Play as the Comedian and Nite Owl, each with a unique repertoire of attacks, weapons and special moves.
- Gameplay Variety - Fight your way through 17 levels, including sky missions in Nite Owl's high-tech aircraft
- Original Storyline - All new Watchmen experience can be appreciated by newcomers and diehard fans of the graphic novel
- Classic Characters - Cameos from classic heroes and villains from the Watchmen universe, including Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan and more!
- Multiple Environments - Non-stop action in Vietnam and the streets and skies over NYC
Plans are for the game to hit mobile devices around Watchmen's theatrical release on March 6, 2009.