It's that time of year again and after missing this year's Cannes Film Festival, this will serve as my first and only time on the festival circuit since last year's Toronto Film Festival and my screening schedule is finally coming together.
To give you a better idea of what reviews to look forward to and approximately when you can expect them I'm posting my estimated schedule below along with a list of the six films from the festival that I've already seen and will be posting the reviews during the fest. You'll notice on the schedule there are a few films listed in bold red text, these are the screenings with scheduling conflicts. So if you see a film listed twice or in bold red text that's the reason.
Now let's have a look...
Have Seen... Reviews to Come During Festival
- The Guest (dir. Adam Wingard) [read my review]
- Leviathan (dir. Andrey Zvyagintsev) [read my review]
- Mr. Turner (dir. Mike Leigh) [read my review]
- Tales of the Grim Sleeper (dir. Nick Broomfield) [read my review]
- Whiplash (dir. Damien Chazelle) [read my review]
- Wild Tales (Relatos salvajes) (dir. Damian Szifron) [read my review]
Thursday, September 4
- 11:00-1:14 - Mommy [read my review]
- 3:00-4:52 - Maps to the Stars [read my review]
- 6:30-8:50 - The Judge [read my review]
Friday, September 5
- 12:00-1:55 - Samba [read my review]
- 6:00-7:47 - The Drop [read my review]
- 9:00-10:57 - Nightcrawler [read my review]
Saturday, September 6
- 9:15-11:11 - Men, Women & Children [read my review]
- 2:00-3:34 - Revenge of the Green Dragons [read my review]
- 4:45-6:35 - Elephant Song [read my review]
Sunday, September 7
- 11:30-1:24 - Pawn Sacrifice [read my review]
- 6:00-8:03 - The Theory of Everything [read my review]
- 9:45-11:21 - [REC 4]: Apocalypse [read my review]
Monday, September 8
- 8:30-10:04 - While We're Young [read my review]
- 1:30-3:23 - The Imitation Game [read my review]
- 6:00-8:13 - Foxcatcher
- 9:15-10:45 - The Keeping Room
Tuesday, September 9
- 12:30-2:13 - Rosewater
Wednesday, September 10
My final hours in Toronto will be spent watching Reese Witherspoon in Wild.
- 9:30-11:30 - Wild
All told I could be looking at seeing somewhere around 23 movies, which combined with the six I've already seen is damned impressive. The likelihood of me seeing that many is a little slim as fatigue always sets in, but it's nice to dream... at least as I'm typing this on my way to Chicago right now... Stay tuned, there are a lot of reviews to come.