Once again a batch of guild nominees come in following the Oscar nominations, which doesn't exactly make them all that interesting. At least not for me as I'm more interested in predicting the Oscar winners than who actually wins these awards. As such, featured below are the nominees for the 2013 Costume Designers Guild Awards for excellence in period, contemporary and fantasy films.
To no surprise, all five Oscar nominees -- Anna Karenina, Mirror Mirror, Lincoln, Les Miserables and Snow White and the Huntsman -- are among the 15 nominees, not one coming from the contemporary category, which, again, isn't at all surprising.
At this point I have Jacqueline Durran's work in Anna Karenina predicted to win the Oscar and the late Eiko Ishioka (Dracula) the runner up for her work on Mirror Mirror.
EXCELLENCE IN PERIOD FILM
- Anna Karenina - Jacqueline Durran
- Argo - Jacqueline West
- Les Misérables - Paco Delgado
- Lincoln - Joanna Johnston
- Moonrise Kingdom - Kasia Walicka-Maimone
EXCELLENCE IN CONTEMPORARY FILM
- Beasts of the Southern Wild - Stephani Lewis
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - Louise Stjernsward
- Silver Linings Playbook - Mark Bridges
- Skyfall - Jany Temime
- Zero Dark Thirty - George L. Little
EXCELLENCE IN FANTASY FILM
- Cloud Atlas - Kym Barrett, Pierre-Yves Gayraud
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Ann Maskrey, Richard Taylor, Bob Buck
- The Hunger Games - Judianna Makovsky
- Mirror Mirror - Eiko Ishioka
- Snow White and the Huntsman - Colleen Atwood